Friday, June 26, 2009

The ultimate summer time classic...


I realize that there are a few individuals that do not like fruit in their beer. However, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is one of my favorites that I would recommend for all beer lovers. While it is a staple of mine year round, I thoroughly enjoy this beer during the summer months. Chicago is currently being bombarded by a humid heat wave, which demands for a frozen beverage. And since it is Friday I plan to pick up a sixer on my way home from work.

Being a fan of wheat beers in general, I can say that Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is a good balance of tart, crisp cherry flavor with rich, bready malt notes. The mouth feel is light and refreshing with a level of sweetness at first sip. The after taste brings back memories of Indiana farmland coupled with a sense of pure Michigan(.org) from the cherries. If you want a solid, moderately complex beer that will cleanse the mind and help you battle the summer heat, I strongly suggest picking up a Cherry Wheat.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds enticing! Thanks for the reccomendation.. perhaps a stop to Binny's on my way home today is in order.

    ReplyDelete