Friday, April 2, 2010

Home Depot + Building = New Brewing Equipment

I had a couple goals for the day with regards to preparing for my next batch.

1. Read up on all grain brewing and partial mashing from the following books.
The Brewmaster's Bible - Stephen Snyder
The Complete Joy of Homebrewing - Charlie Papazian
Homebrewing Guide - Dave Miller

2. Buy a 5 gallon water cooler to act as a mash/lauter tun and some copper tubing to construct a wort chiller.

Since I'm trying to accelerate paying off my students loans (curses), it seemed more cost effective to buy materials and then assemble everything myself. The spool of copper tubing was under $12 which is much cheaper than buying a pre-made wort chiller. The water cooler cost around $18, but considering it's multifunctional use I'll probably use it for something other than brewing at some point. Here are some pictures of what I put together.

1 comment:

  1. Great brewing process you have here. Gonna try this one at home when i have a plenty of time. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete